2211 Blueberry Lane, Springdale, Arkansas 72762
(479) 756 0055 (479) 756 5396
- Born 1957
- Married the former Colleen Jordan of Jonesboro, Louisiana, in 1976.
- Colleen gave birth to:
- Brooke (DeLoach) Forde 1981
- Meagan (DeLoach) Cooke 1985
- Erin DeLoach 1987
Lives in Georgetown, Guyana, for approximately half of the year at
P.O. Box 10430
Phone: 011 (592) 645 8050
[FAX number pending]
- To let God use me in any way He sees fit.
- To use my talents to encourage others to serve God, in exciting ways.
- To encourage others to get involved in what God has to offer them!
- To spread the EXCITEMENT!
Has enjoyed a wide range of experience in Ministry, including:
Youth Work, Counseling, Education Work, Religious Video Production, Computer
Publishing, Fund Raising, Missions, and more.
- Jan. 1978 - Mar. 1979: Youth Minister, Education Director, Personal
Work Director Quitman & Center Streets Church of Christ, Gladewater Texas
Worked with Teens and Youth Program, Organized Sunday School Program, V.B.S.,
and Gospel Meetings.
- Apr. 1979 - Oct. 1981: Youth Minister, Jackson Street Church of Christ,
Monroe Louisiana Organized the Youth Program for this congregation, Started
Bible Hour Program, Directed Gospel Outreach Programs.
- Oct. 1981 - Jan. 1984: Youth Minister, Mobberly Avenue Church of Christ,
Longview Texas Worked with Teens and Youth Program, Organized and Directed
Vacation Bible Schools, Organized Gospel Meetings.
- April 1984 - July 1987: Camp Director, Sales/Warehouse Manager Worldwide
Missionary & Education Foundation, West Monroe Louisiana Ran Camp Ch-Yo-Ca
(a Christian Youth Camp) as General Manager, Worked as Studio Engineer at
Video Services, and Worked as Sales/Warehouse Manager for Howard Publishing
- Oct. 1987 - June 1992: Staff Chaplain, Washington Regional Medical Center,
Fayetteville Arkansas Served as Staff Chaplain in every area of the Hospital.
Also served as Hospice Chaplain, working with terminal patients, for two
and a half years. Received Clinical Pastoral Education Certification during
this time. Conducted Seminars on Time & Stress Management on a regular
basis, as well as issues that surround Death and Dying.
- July 1987 - June 1992: Youth Minister, North Street Church of Christ,
Fayetteville, Arkansas. Responsible for the work of the Youth Program up to
College age. Organized Bible Hour, Organized Vacation Bible Schools, Supervised
Teen Sunday School Development.
- June 1992 - March 1999: Missionary, North Street Church of Christ, Fayetteville,
Arkansas. Works as Guyana Coordinator for Partners in Progress concerning
the work in Guyana, South America. Involved in every area of the work in Guyana,
from Medical Missions to Teaching in the School of Biblical Studies,
to organizing various Nurturing Projects. This also involved recruiting people
Stateside to fill needs with these various projects.
- March 1999 - December 2006: Missionary, Jenks Church of Christ, Jenks, Oklahoma.
The Jenks Church had oversight of Operation Guyana, which included
our Medical Missions, Nurturing Projects, and our Permanent Clinic.
- 2007: Missionary, West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, Arkansas, overseeing congregation.
- Since 2008: Missionary, Jacksonville Beach [Florida] Church of Christ has oversight of Operation Guyana and World Wide Relief Services.
- January 1978: Graduated, White's Ferry Road School of Biblical Studies,
West Monroe, Louisiana
- June 1990: B.A., Religion, Southern Christian University, Montgomery, Alabama
- [Spring 1999: Honorary Doctor of Divinity, Cosmopolitan University, Chile]
- September 1999: Masters of Ministry, Theological University of America
- September 1999: Doctor of Ministry, Theological University of America
Guyana, Zambia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Canada,
& the Carribean
Upon Graduation from High School in 1975, Steve moved with missionaries
to Africa. He worked there for almost a year, and returned to the States
to start school at White's Ferry Road School of Biblical Studies in West Monroe, Louisiana. During
school, and even before school, Steve worked during the summer in Canada,
having experience from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Vancouver, British Columbia.
Went to Guyana for the first time in 1989 with a Medical Mission Team. Wife
went for the first time in April 1992, and by October ... the family moved
to Guyana to coordinate the work in Guyana for Partners in Progress.
Believes that the work in Guyana has equal impact on the church in the
U.S. due to the excitment it generates among people who have not had previous
HOBBIES, INTERESTS, & ACTIVITIES:
Photography, Travel, Camping,
- Served as Board Member, Y.M.C.A., Longview, Texas, 1983-1984
- Served as Board Member, Cornerstone Christian School, West Monroe, Louisiana,
- Served as Board Member, Fulfill a Dream Foundation, Fayetteville, Arkansas,
- Jim Bob Humphrey, (479) 968-2244; Director, Humphrey Funeral Home;
Board of Trustees Member, Harding University
- John W. Gay, (479) 442-9171; Involvement Minister, North Street Church
of Christ, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Link to Guyana Missions Home Page